Edith “Edie” Jardine, has over three decades of experience as a senior healthcare executive across the entire continuum of specialty healthcare, behavioral healthcare, and social services. Ms. Jardine brings a creative and entrepreneurial approach to business development, combining strategic thinking and financial acumen to identify and capitalize on market opportunities and drive sales success.
Ms. Jardine is currently a Senior Associate with the OPEN MINDS team and previously served as an Executive Vice President (EVP) from 1999 to 2004. Before joining OPEN MINDS as a Senior Associate, Ms. Jardine was the Chief Sales Officer for Magellan Healthcare, a leader in managing the fastest growing, most complex areas of health care including behavioral health, advanced imaging, cardiology, oncology, and musculoskeletal services for more than 36 million lives.
Previously, Ms. Jardine served as Chief Sales Officer for two other companies owned by Magellan, National Imagining Associates (NIA), and Magellan Pharmacy Solutions. During her time at Magellan Healthcare, she successfully executed go-to-market strategies for seven new specialty products, expanded Magellan pharmacy benefit management (PBM) into the Medicaid health plans sector, and increased revenue and segment profit per sale through product bundling and risk-based contracts. She is experienced with Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare health plans, integrated delivery systems, Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), and consumer-driven care.
Previously, Ms. Jardine was EVP of Sales for consumer-driven care pioneer, Lumenos. In her role at Lumenos, she led a team that increased membership from 81,000 in 2004 to 400,000 in 2007; and increased revenue from $22.6 million to $90 million in the same period.
Ms. Jardine also served as a member of senior management of Value Behavioral Health (now part of Beacon Health Options), first as Chief Marketing & Sales Officer and later as Chief Operating Officer, Public Sector Division. Ms. Jardine was responsible for developing managed care programs for twenty-six separate public sector initiatives, including Medicaid HMOs, state and regional mental health and substance abuse carve-out programs, and child welfare programs.
Ms. Jardine started her career as a counselor and administrator with a non-profit community-based organization. She spent six years in California State government, serving as special assistant to the director of the Department of Alcohol & Drug Programs and as the assistant chief of the Division of Alcohol Program Services.
In addition, Ms. Jardine has served as a Board member and volunteer for numerous non-profit organizations, including chairing the Housing Development Committee of Catholic Charities, which was responsible for developing homeless shelters, low-income apartment buildings, and Single Room Occupancy (SRO) housing for the elderly for an inner-city Diocese.
COVID-19 Risk Management Plan August 11, 2021
We are excited to return to sunny southern California for The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute at the picturesque Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa, August 23-26, 2021. To help plan your in-person attendance, visit https://openminds.com/live-mbpi/ for a schedule of events happening throughout the week.
The resurgence of the COVID Delta variant has certainly created new challenges for the country and for our families. Fortunately, the available COVID vaccinations have been very successful in preventing symptomatic infections and illness. But I did want to let you know that our team at OPEN MINDS is committed to making our executive events as safe as possible and have an active risk management plan in place. I wanted to share with you the key elements of our plan:
- Masking. Every participant will receive a mask as part of their registration materials. Unvaccinated people will be required to wear masks – and vaccinated attendees will be encouraged to wear masks. If the local or state governments have more restrictive standards (including mandatory masking or requiring proof of vaccination) at the time of our institutes, we will follow those standards.
- Social Distancing. We are working with the event venue to hold all sessions in the largest possible rooms with seating as far apart as possible. In order to accomplish this, we ask that you select in advance the sessions you plan to attend in-person at the event venue. This will assist us with room and seating arrangements.
- Outdoor Events. Where possible, we will use outdoor spaces for networking events and smaller sessions.
- Hand Sanitation. Hand sanitation stations are available throughout the event venue and hand sanitizer is included in your registration materials, courtesy of our partner, Qualifacts+Credible.
- Virtual Sessions. Every session will be partially or fully available in a virtual capacity:
- We are livestreaming via GoToWebinar our plenary sessions – keynote addresses and plenary panels. You can participate online from your hotel room (or from your home office if you can’t attend on-site). We will be accepting questions from both the onsite and online audiences.
- Each executive seminar is being offered at two separate times, one live at the event venue and the other exclusively for virtual attendees.
- We are recording the audio for each session – and will post the audio along with presentation materials after each session.
- A virtual exhibit hall will be available with access to all exhibitor contact information, product demos, and engagement opportunities.
We will continue to monitor any changes in the CDC recommendations for the continued safety of the public. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to reach out to a member of our team at email@example.com or by phone at 877-350-6463. We look forward to seeing you at The 2021 OPEN MINDS Management Best Practices Institute.
Chief Executive Officer