By Monica E. Oss The number of consumers using telehealth is on the increase, but remains relatively small. Only 18% of consumers report that they have used telehealth services, according to an Aviza survey, White Paper: 2017 Closing The Telehealth Gap. For the other 82%, it was a matter of lack of clarity about insurance coverage and culture that primarily prevented their adoption—46% of consumers said they would find a video visit less comfortable than an in-person office visit (this was 26% for mental health visits). Another recent study, Patient Preferences For Direct-To-Consumer Telemedicine Services: A Nationwide Survey, found that a lack of familiarity…
Content Restricted

This article is reserved for members with an active membership. Please register for a Free Membership to view this resource.

Login to access The OPEN MINDS Circle Library. Not a member? Create your free account now!